Poem about betrayal by family

 

Poems about betrayal
        

                                        


A Poem about victim blaming and sexual abuse 


How will I ever slay this beast,

If those who should plea my cause,

Keeps severing my peace,

It's all her fault,

It's what she wanted,

Don't believe anything she says,

It's all a lie,

How will I ever slay this beast,

When my perpetrator's ego,

Is of more value than my peace,

They've turned their ears from hearing from my truth,

They've hated me instead,

I'm the perpetrator, they're the victim,

Just a dose of my truth is too loud for their ears,

It’s too bitter for them to digest,

It’s not welcomed in their space,

Yet, all these years I’ve kept it bottled within me,

All the pain, guilt, and shame!

Night and day, I’ve wrestled with this beast,

But I’ve never found the strength that,

Could set me free,

From the fear that they wouldn’t believe me,

Yet still, I thought, that with their help,

 We could slay this beast,

I’ve heard the truth makes you free,

But they showed me no mercy,

For my truth is too provocative for their consciences,

Too candid for their ears,

They’d rather I had remained silent, dead with the beast!

But it isn’t the beast that hurts anymore,

It's the betrayal of those who are offended,

Whenever I speak my truth,

For it doesn’t soothe their ego,

And they say, I’m the cause of my pain,

Tell them,

The beast is dead it’s their betrayal,

That remains.


Quotes about being stabbed in the back and betrayed by friends and family


“It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.”
― William Blake

Betrayal quotes




“Yet each man kills the thing he loves
By each let this be heard
Some do it with a bitter look
Some with a flattering word
The coward does it with a kiss
The brave man with a sword”
― Oscar Wilde

Real friend vs fake friend quotes




“For there to be betrayal, there would have to have been trust first.”
― Suzanne Collins


“If you spend your time hoping someone will suffer the consequences for what they did to your heart, then you're allowing them to hurt you a second time in your mind.”
― Shannon L. Alder

Fake friend backstabbing quotes



“The worst pain in the world goes beyond the physical. Even further beyond any other emotional pain one can feel. It is the betrayal of a friend.”
― Heather Brewer

Good vs bad friend quotes




“If you spend your time hoping someone will suffer the consequences for what they did to your heart, then you're allowing them to hurt you a second time in your mind.”
― Shannon L. Alder



“Everyone suffers at least one bad betrayal in their lifetime. It’s what unites us. The trick is not to let it destroy your trust in others when that happens. Don’t let them take that from you.”
― Sherrilyn Kenyon

Fake friend vs real friend quotes




“Love never betrays. People do.”
― Rohit Sharma



“True love is tested when betrayed.”
― Toba Beta


“It's hard to tell who has your back, from who has it long enough just to stab you in it....”
― Nicole Richie

Fake people quotes




“Betrayal is the only truth that sticks.”
― Arthur Miller


“To me, the thing that is worse than death is betrayal. You see, I could conceive death, but I could not conceive betrayal.”
― Malcolm X


“I could never hurt him enough to make his betrayal stop hurting. And it hurts, in every part of my body.”
― Veronica Roth






 Photo by: Min An from Pexels

Other poems on this blog:

Heartbroken

Self-confidence

Go beckon the morning

Stories of love, pain, mindfulness, and healing (Haiku Poems).

Poems about prayer

Social Media Facade

Poems about beauty

Poems about forgiveness

Acrostic poems for couples

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Social Media Facade (Poem)

Five good decisions to make early in your adult life.

No Code Mobile Application Development Platform

20 Quotes about the people in our lives.

7 things you should never fuss about when it comes on to others.

40 Inspirational quotes about self-love and body image

Poems about forgiveness.

Five reasonable questions to ask on your first date.

Top 5 reasons low and average income earners should own a side income.

Poems about beauty