Seven things I've learned from my own heartbreak

 

Seven things I've learned from my own heartbreak


Have you ever felt heartbroken? I'm not just talking about an intimate relationship. A heartbreak could be from an abusive childhood, the death of loved ones, separation, loss of a pet, a broken home, a job loss, disappointment, just about anything that relinquishes your inner strength. For those of us whose hearts were broken and still breaking. We know about the immense pain that seems to have no end. I've been there. Below I'll share seven lessons I've learned from my heartbreak.



1. People will hurt you but not everyone will hurt you.


If you've been badly hurt by the person(s) you have loved all your life, it will become easy to believe that you're susceptible to being hurt and that you're unlovable. But not everyone will hurt you. As much as you've been broken. Someone is willing to love and protect all the broken pieces of you. Be that person first! Be the first to make those vows. I'll never cause myself more pain. I won't continue to live with this hurt. I deserve only the best. I deserve to be happy, and I won't allow anyone else to hurt me. 


2. Family isn't always blood.


Strangers are sometimes kinder than those you've known your entire life.  The very persons who should be standing in your corner are sometimes the backstabbers. The very home that should be your haven is sometimes a burning hell, and the very arms that should be showering you with love and consolation are the same ones that push you away.


Do you need website traffic? Try simple Traffic!


3. Time will not wait. Life goes on.


The sun will not veil its light because you're hurting, and the heavens will not cease to rain. The seasons will come and go. Likewise the days, weeks, months, and years. Time will never stop, not even for your tears. Life keeps moving with or without you. That's the harsh reality.


4.  Prayer and meditation are a gem.


It's important to connect with your creator. It is He who has made you. He knows everything about you. Believe me, prayer heals a broken soul. It rejuvenates the spirit, calms the heart, and soothes the mind. I've had many conversations with God at the darkest and lowest points of my life. They were my medicine!


5. The higher your expectations the greater the disappointments.


If you don't want to be disappointed much in life; keep your expectations at a minimum. The higher you set them; the greater the disappointments will be. Trust people but never underestimate anyone. You see a person's face; not their heart. You don't know what goes on in their mind. You don't have a remote control for reality. Anything can happen at any time. Anyone can let you down! Life can change in the blink of an eye.


6. It isn't time that heals the pain. It's your will to survive.


Time won't take the hurt. You must either deal with it or die with it. You have to take your power back from whoever took it away. You must continue your life.  Time isn't the remedy. It's the choice you make to get up and start living again.


7. You won't cry forever. 

Everything in this life is temporary. Even the broken heart that you are carrying. One day the pain will end, and you'll no longer be a victim but a victor. In spite of all I have been through, I lift my head above the waters. These days, I don't gasp for breath. I breathe. As long as I have a life there's hope. God is my source of life and my hope.

Other posts

Self-confidence

Quotes about survival

Quotes about happiness

Quotes about life

Quotes about love



Popular posts from this blog

Social Media Facade (Poem)

Five good decisions to make early in your adult life.

No Code Mobile Application Development Platform

20 Quotes about the people in our lives.

7 things you should never fuss about when it comes on to others.

40 Inspirational quotes about self-love and body image

Poems about forgiveness.

Five reasonable questions to ask on your first date.

Top 5 reasons low and average income earners should own a side income.

Poems about beauty