Avoid repeating these 5 phrases if you don't want your dreams to die.

 

Believe in your dreams

 
I read a quote by Tony Gaskins, "Build your dreams, or someone else will hire you to help build theirs.'' It couldn't get any more serious than this. The truth is, if you aren't building your dreams, you are building someone else's. 

Many will say to you that they wanted to do this and that with their life, but they didn't get the opportunity, so they had to settle for whatever they are doing now.


I'm quite familiar with situations where persons have accepted a part-time job to aid with their tuition fees. Only to end up making the job permanent and forget about their studies.

 If you are going to pursue your true calling there are some things that you have to stop saying to yourself. 


There are some phrases that you have to part ways with. They say life and death are in the power of the tongue and your thoughts become your actions.

 If you create poison with your choice of words, they'll destroy your dreams. Below I'll share some common phrases that are used by people throughout the world. These phrases are the primary causes why many dreams die.


''Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.'' Ralph Waldo Emerson

1. I want to be him or her.

Many persons are desirous of being like someone who they consider to have achieved a great measure of success. You'll hear them making statements like, I'm going to be the next so and so. 


While nothing is wrong with emulating great attributes from our role models. For example, their courage, determination, hard work, strength, etc.


 We can only become like ourselves. A stream will rise no higher than its source. You cannot become someone else who is already being themselves. No, you can't be the next Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Oprah Winfrey, Jack Ma, Mark Zuckerberg, etc. There will only be one of them. Just like there's only one of you.


 Another person's dream isn't yours. You have to bring your dream to life. Otherwise, it's only a wish and it will die in your head. We all serve an individual purpose in life. Can the brain become the eyes? Can the hands become the feet? Can the ears become the nose? No, they can't, each plays a unique role in the body. Your life is like that. You have a special purpose in this world; if you neglect your purpose to become like someone else, it will die. Rule number one, be yourself! 


2. I'm too poor to achieve my dreams.

Some people will tell you that this is the only life they have known. This is what their parents and their ancestors did to survive and that's the life they've adopted.  

That's exactly right, because that's the only thinking they've known. How to survive?  How to adopt? You don't need to adopt, you can change the life you have come to know, by changing your mindset. 


If you don't learn to manage the resources that are within your grasp; you will live throughout life believing that you are poor.

 If you don't know how to multiply the resources that are within your grasp; you will live throughout life believing that you're poor.


 Whichever your case is, you should know that poverty isn't hereditary, but your mindset will allow you to remain there. If you continue to say that you are too poor to achieve your dreams, you never will.

 If you continue to utilize the poor management skills that you were taught. You will never achieve your dreams. Even if you have all the resources at your fingertips.


3. I have no time

No dream has ever been achieved without making a sacrifice(s). You must find the time to pursue your dreams. Something has to become an opportunity cost.

 It all comes down to what you do with every twenty-four hours that you are given. That's the difference between you and me. Are you spending your hours or investing in them?


 Ask any successful person and they will tell you. I worked a couple of hours overtime to fulfill my financial obligations. I slept for fewer hours and studied more. I got up in the wee hours of the morning to train harder. 


I spent less time hanging out with friends. I spent my weekends at the library, instead of the mall. I bought books instead of new clothes. I spent less money on this and that, so I could invest it somewhere else that could offer me a good return on investment. It all comes down to time.


 You must learn how to manage your time efficiently. You must learn how to get the most out of the time you're given. Your dream is depending on it. 

You'll never become better in any area of your life if you aren't giving it the time that it needs. As an author, I must find the time to read, research, and gather my thoughts, before I can flesh them out on paper.


 I must find the time to improve on my quality of writing, so it becomes better each time I publish a new piece. Stop saying that you don't have the time to pursue your dreams. 

It's not going to fall from the sky into your lap.  You must find the time to harness your skills, so you can become the best that you can be!


4. What if I fail? It didn't work for them, so it won't work for me.

Failure is a part of the journey too. It's nothing to be afraid of. It's nothing to be ashamed of. It doesn't mean that someone else failed at doing something. You'll have the same fate. Don't allow the failures of others to predict the future of your dreams.


 There are many reasons why people fail. Some quit too soon. Others are afraid of change. Some refuse to learn from their experiences. Some do things they know nothing about, etc. Similarly, there are many reasons why people win. 

Some use their failures as stepping stones. They learn from their experiences and they choose to endure, despite all the difficulties they've encountered. 


What if Thomas Edison had given up on the light bulb. These were his words, I didn't fail, I tried 10000 ways that didn't work. If you fail at your first attempt, don't give up, try again. But don't try the same thing, because you'll only get the same results. 

Need I mention, Oprah Winfrey, J.K. Rowling, Abraham Lincoln, Colonel Sanders, and many others. You see, it isn't so much about failing in doing something, but failing to do nothing! As the quote says, ''Don't be afraid to start over. This time you won't be starting from scratch, you'll be starting from experience. 


5. I want to become rich like so and so

Everything in life takes time to happen. Do not rush the process, be patient and let it grow. Don't expect to see the fruit in the planting season. 

Your harvest will come in time. Every farmer knows that before they can reap a crop. The land has to be prepared. The seeds have to be sown.

 The seedlings have to be nurtured and allowed to come to fruition. If you pick a mango before it's fit, you'll find that it tastes sour, as opposed to the sweet taste it gives when it's matured. 


Similarly, don't expect to become rich overnight, success doesn't work like that! Making a lot of money shouldn't be the driving force behind your dreams. 

You should pursue something that you love. Something that brings out the best in you! Something that you'd dedicate your whole life to! I'm not a rich author!


 Probably, one day I'll quit my day job and start writing full time. Yes, there are many successful writers like J.K Rowling and Stephen King. 

I cannot tell if I'll become successful like them but regardless, I'll continue to write because it's something that I enjoy doing. 

It's something I see myself doing for the rest of my life.  Don't quit on your dreams because they aren't producing as much as you would have expected.





Take away:

There's no guarantee that your dream will make you into a millionaire because you've worked hard, you've done your best, or you've followed the principles of successful people.

 You must always keep this at the forefront of your mind. Whatever you dream of doing with your life, be sure that it's something that you want to do. For even if it doesn't make you rich, at least you'll still be happy and fulfilled.


See these articles also:

10 things I did to protect my peace of mind

How I handle criticism while showcasing my talent

How I stayed motivated during the most difficult time of my life

14 lessons I've learned from nature and how they've shaped my life

How to move forward when no one is supporting your dreams

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Social Media Facade (Poem)

Five good decisions to make early in your adult life.

No Code Mobile Application Development Platform

20 Quotes about the people in our lives.

7 things you should never fuss about when it comes on to others.

40 Inspirational quotes about self-love and body image

Poems about forgiveness.

Five reasonable questions to ask on your first date.

Top 5 reasons low and average income earners should own a side income.

Poems about beauty